This article will get you acquainted with both ways: custom software development and no-code development. You will learn their differences and compare costs in no-code vs. custom software development effectiveness. In the end, you will know how to reduce the cost of custom development of your product with no-code methods.
No-code VS. Custom Development Methods
No-code vs. custom development: find out what exactly hides behind these definitions. Selecting a proper method will enable you to easily adjust the project's concept and achieve great results faster.
Custom Software Development with a Code
Custom development means that the development team works on a unique piece of software for your business or individual use specifically. The programmers develop code from scratch, using popular programming languages and theirs extensions as key tools. Developers are not the only specialists involved in the process. Typically, the team consists of 6+ employees who work on a product from an idea stage to its successful launch and further maintenance.
The typical app development team includes:
- Business analyst . It is a person responsible for market research and analysis.
- UI/UX designer creates the app’s design and mockups, builds relations between different app’s screens etc.
- Front-end engineer deals with user interface development.
- Back-end engineer is involved in server-side development, or a part of app users cannot view or access.
- Test engineer makes sure that design and functionality meets the customer’s requirements.
- Project manager coordinates the work of an entire team.
This option is perfect for large corporations or startups with initial investments. However, custom development is a short road to failure for bootstrapped businesses or entrepreneurs who focus on testing the concept. The pros of the method cover a powerful, skilled team that delivers a high-quality product and a possibility to scale and customize it according to market demands.
On the other hand, the minimum viable product development takes 6+ months. Moreover, depending on team size and location, the price fluctuates between $30,000-150,000. So it might be costly.
No-code Development: Why Choose It?
There’s another method to achieve your goals. It’s a no-code software development approach.
Here, the key role belongs to a no-code development platform. These platforms are booming: the market demands simple, intuitive tools for fast and effortless software development. That’s when no-code comes into play. Various studies predict its growth: by 2025, the market will reach more than $45 billion.
A typical no-code development platform provides you with a set of drag-and-drop tools to build an app. Thus, no matter if you have any previous engineering experience or not, you can easily create a product by just putting certain components on a screen. No code, no software bugs or unpredicted issues; just a ready-made app. Instead of hiring an entire development team and diving into months of costly work, you can start cooperation with a no-code development agency in one click and get your app done in a week. Disrupting technology serves multiple needs:
- Large companies and enterprises can test new ideas fast, with no need to distract their IT departments from critical tasks;
- Small teams and startups can get a proof of concept in a matter of days, with a minimal budget.
Advantages and Disadvantages of No-code Development
The advantages of no-code are multiple. First of all, no-code saves you time as it allows building an app in 40+ hours, with no coding skills. Moreover, you save a lot of money since the product price starts at $1,000.
At the same time, the no-code approach allows building simple, small apps with poor customization features. Something g to keep in mind too is that sooner or later, various security issues may emerge.
Key Differences Between No-code VS. Custom Software Development
Increase your awareness and consider key differences between no-code and custom development. The right choice depends on your goal, market demands, and budget.
Choose Custom Development, if :
- You have already tested the concept and made sure that the target audience needs your product.
- You’ve raised the initial investments and can safely invest $30,000+ in an app during at least six months of work.
- You expect your app to grow rapidly and prioritize customization and scalability features.
Go for No-code Development, if:
- It is critical for you to launch a simple MVP, collect users’ feedback and show investors you are worth their attention as quickly as possible.
- You would like to test a potentially viable concept for an established business or a startup.
- Your budget is tight.
The right choice can save you from failure and financial losses. If you need us to help you with the most effective techniques, do not hesitate to contact our support agent for a free consultation. You can also submit a ticket request, and we will get back to you shortly.
Need help with building your app without coding? We launched 2000+ MVPs & apps for companies all around the world. We'll make your app live in a few weeks and under $4k with the power of no-code. Book a free consultation call to chat about your requirements!