Hire a Top Hubspot Developer now
At WeLoveNoCode, you can hire the best Hubspot developers, designers, and software engineers for your next project. We work with the top companies and start-ups to bring you the best talent to build Web or Mobile App fast and affordably.See developers profiles
How to Hire a Great Hubspot Developer
The use of no-code development has grown in popularity among startups, small businesses, and enterprises as a cost-effective and efficient method for quickly creating MVPs and advanced software.
HubSpot is a software company that provides a marketing, sales, and service software platform for businesses. The platform includes features such as a CRM, website management, email marketing, social media management, and analytics. The goal of the software is to help businesses attract, engage, and delight customers. Hubspot also provides a marketing, sales, and service software platform for businesses in the form of a CRM, website management, email marketing, social media management, and analytics. Hubspot's goal is to help businesses attract, engage and delight customers.
This guide aims to equip you with the necessary knowledge to successfully hire a Hubspot developer, including understanding their capabilities, what can be built using the Hubspot platform, and any potential limitations to keep in mind. Additionally, it will cover the onboarding process and how to effectively work with your new team member. By using the information provided, you will be able to find the ideal candidate to bring your ideas to fruition. If you're ready to start, WeLoveNoCode can quickly connect you with a highly skilled Hubspot developer for your project.
Things to Consider When Choosing Hubspot
Some potential drawbacks of using Hubspot include:
- Cost: Hubspot's pricing structure can be quite expensive, especially for small businesses or startups.
- Limited Customization: While Hubspot offers a wide range of features, the platform's customization options can be limited.
- Learning Curve: The platform can be complex to use and may require a significant investment in learning and training for users to fully utilize all of its features.
- Limited Integrations: While Hubspot offers a number of integrations, it may not be compatible with all third-party tools and services.
- Limited scalability: Some users have reported that the platform may not be able to handle high volumes of data or large numbers of contacts.
- Limited features for eCommerce: Hubspot does not provide all the features an eCommerce business would need for example the ability to sell on different marketplaces.
Note that these cons may change over time as the platform and its features continue to evolve and improve.
What you can do with Hubspot?
Hubspot is a comprehensive software platform that offers a wide range of features and capabilities for businesses. Some of the things you can do with Hubspot include:
- Marketing Automation: Create and execute marketing campaigns, track leads and conversions, and segment audiences for targeted messaging.
- CRM: Manage customer relationships, track sales activity and pipeline, and access customer data and insights.
- Content Management: Create and publish blog posts, landing pages, and website content, and optimize for SEO.
- Email Marketing: Create and send personalized email campaigns, track open and click-through rates, and segment audiences.
- Social Media Management: Schedule and publish social media posts, track social media metrics, and engage with followers.
- Sales Enablement: Create sales documents and proposals, track sales activity, and access customer data and insights.
- Analytics: Track website and marketing performance, access detailed data and reports, and gain insights on customer behavior.
- Service Hub: Manage customer service inquiries, track customer satisfaction and support performance, and access customer data and insights.
- E-commerce: Create product listings, manage inventory, track sales, and view analytics on customer behavior.
- AI-powered chatbot: Engage with website visitors with automated chatbot that can help with customer service, lead generation, and more.
These are some of the major functionalities of Hubspot, however, the platform continues to evolve and new features are being added regularly.
Hiring Hubspot Developer Skills Checklist
When hiring a Hubspot developer, it's important to ensure that they have the necessary skills and experience to effectively work with the platform. A skills checklist for a Hubspot developer might include the following:
- Experience with Hubspot platform: The developer should have a solid understanding of the Hubspot platform and its various features, including marketing automation, CRM, content management, email marketing, and analytics.
- Design skills: The developer should have experience working with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, etc.
- Experience with Hubspot Templates and Theme development: The developer should have the knowledge of how to create and customize Hubspot templates and themes, including the use of HubL and CSS.
- Experience with Hubspot Integration: The developer should have experience integrating Hubspot with other systems, including CRM, ERP, and e-commerce platforms.
- Understanding of SEO: The developer should have a good understanding of search engine optimization and how to optimize content for search engines.
- Understanding of inbound marketing: Understanding of inbound marketing principles and how to align Hubspot with an overall inbound marketing strategy.
- Experience with analytics: The developer should have experience working with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, and be able to analyze and interpret data to inform strategy and make data-driven decisions.
- Understanding of GDPR and other data privacy regulations: The developer should have a good understanding of data privacy regulations and how to ensure compliance.
- Strong communication skills: The developer should have strong communication skills and be able to effectively collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
This is not an exhaustive list, but it's a good starting point to help you evaluate potential candidates and ensure they have the skills and experience needed to work effectively with the Hubspot platform.
What Type of Hubspot Developers Do You Need?
Identifying the specific skills and qualifications needed in a Hubspot developer is crucial in the hiring process, but it is not the only step to consider. It's important to also determine the most suitable employment type for your project, whether it's hiring an in-house developer, working with a freelancer, or partnering with an agency that specializes in Hubspot development.
Permanent Hubspot developer
- Benefits of having a permanent Hubspot developer on staff include: they will become a integral part of the company, understand the company's vision and mission, and be more invested in the company's success. They will also have a greater sense of responsibility for their work and how they approach it. This is similar to having an in-house Hubspot team that takes complete ownership of the product from start to finish.
- Drawbacks of hiring a permanent Hubspot developer include: It can be more costly, take more time, and be more expensive to terminate their employment if they do not meet expectations.
Contractor / Freelance Hubspot developer
- Advantages of working with a freelance Hubspot developer include: being a good option for projects with a short-term duration. For instance, if you're creating a prototype, it's best to evaluate its feasibility before recruiting permanent staff. It is also more convenient to hire freelance Hubspot developers with specific skills to complete specific tasks within a specific timeframe. This means you don't require the same level of commitment from a freelancer as you would from a permanent employee.
- Disadvantages of working with a freelance Hubspot developer include: they may have less structure and may require more oversight to ensure they are working on your project. Without long-term accountability, they may not give as much attention to detail as is needed. However, it's worth noting that this is a common challenge when working with any developer, whether they are using no-code or traditional methods.
Outsourced to a Hubspot Agency
- Benefits of working with a Hubspot agency include: they provide a wider range of skills, making them suitable technical partners for large projects. They have a more established structure and are generally more dependable. They provide access to experienced and expert Hubspot developers that you can work with at various levels, depending on the needs of your project. They typically produce higher-quality results compared to freelancers.
- Drawbacks of working with a Hubspot agency include: it can be more costly to hire freelance Hubspot developers through an agency, and if you choose an unfit partner, your project may stall, resulting in wasted time and money.
When selecting the right Hubspot developer for your project, it's essential to consider the type of employment that aligns with your needs. For short-term or small projects, working with a freelancer or project-based team may be a suitable option as they can provide specialized skills and expertise within a specific timeframe. However, if you are an established business looking to expand your current product, hiring an in-house team of permanent developers may be more appropriate. This leads to greater accountability and a deeper understanding of the company's vision. Another option is to work with a reputable agency like WeLoveNoCode, which offers pre-screened developers with management support, this can be a great solution for businesses looking to quickly build and scale their products.
How can you identify the right Hubspot candidate?
There are several ways to identify the right Hubspot candidate for your project:
- Review their portfolio: Look at the developer's portfolio to see examples of their previous work and to get an idea of their level of experience and expertise.
- Check their Hubspot experience: Make sure the candidate has experience working with the Hubspot platform and is familiar with its features, including marketing automation, CRM, content management, and analytics.
- Evaluate their design skills: Evaluate their design skills and experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Figma.
- Assess their understanding of SEO: Assess their understanding of SEO, and their ability to optimize content for search engines.
- Ask for references: Ask for references from previous clients and contact them to get an idea of the developer's work ethic and ability to deliver results.
- Check their communication skills: The developer should have strong communication skills and be able to effectively collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Check their understanding of inbound marketing: The developer should have a good understanding of inbound marketing principles and how to align Hubspot with an overall inbound marketing strategy.
- Check their understanding of GDPR and other data privacy regulations: The developer should have a good understanding of data privacy regulations and how to ensure compliance.
- Review their attitude and work ethic: Review the candidate's attitude and work ethic, and how they approach their work.
By evaluating the candidate on these factors, you can get a good sense of their qualifications, experience, and ability to work effectively with the Hubspot platform.
How to Onboard Your New Hubspot Developer
Onboarding a new Hubspot developer can be an important step in ensuring that they are able to effectively contribute to your project. Here are some steps you can take to onboard your new developer:
- Provide an overview of the company and its mission: Give the developer an overview of the company and its mission, as well as the goals and objectives of the project.
- Introduce the team: Introduce the developer to the rest of the team, including their roles and responsibilities.
- Set up access: Set up access to the necessary tools, platforms, and systems, such as the Hubspot platform, and any other relevant software or systems.
- Assign a mentor: Assign a mentor who can provide guidance and support as the developer gets up to speed on the project and the company's processes.
- Establish clear communication: Establish clear communication channels and expectations for the developer, including regular meetings, progress reports, and timelines.
- Establish a feedback mechanism: Establish a feedback mechanism to ensure that the developer receives regular feedback on their progress and performance.
- Define the expectations: Define the expectations and the scope of the project, so that the developer knows what is expected of them, and what they can expect in return.
- Review the developer's work: Review the developer's work regularly to ensure that they are meeting the project's goals and objectives.
- Celebrate success: Celebrate success and recognize the developer's contributions to the project.
By following these steps, you can create a positive and productive onboarding experience for your new developer and set them up for success on your project.
What should be the budget for a Hubspot Developer?
The budget for a Hubspot developer will vary depending on factors such as the developer's level of experience, location, and the scope of the project.
For a junior-level developer, the hourly rate can range from $25 to $50 per hour.A mid-level developer can range from $50 to $100 per hour.An experienced developer can charge up to $150 or more per hour.
When working with an agency, the cost will also depend on the size of the project, the complexity of the work, and the level of experience of the developers on the team. The cost can range from $50,000 to $150,000 for a small to medium-sized project, and $150,000 to $500,000 or more for a large project.
It's worth noting that the above cost is an estimation and the budget can vary depending on the location, the experience of the developer, the size of the project, and the agency you choose. It's also important to remember that hiring a more experienced developer may end up saving you money in the long run as they will be able to complete the project faster and with fewer mistakes.
You can hire in a better way by using WeLoveNoCode
When budgeting for a Hubspot developer, it is important to consider that the cost will vary depending on various factors such as the complexity of the project, the specific requirements, the scale, the need for custom code, and the location of the developer or agency you choose to work with. Typically, the monthly salary for a Hubspot developer ranges from $5,000 to $8,000. However, it is also possible to work with a freelancer or an agency such as WeLoveNoCode, which offers a monthly subscription model starting at $1999 per month. Ultimately, the budget for your project will depend on your specific needs and goals, and it's important to work with a developer or agency that can provide a clear and transparent pricing structure.