No-code development is becoming an increasingly popular option for organizations of all sizes, from startups to large enterprises, looking to quickly and efficiently build and expand their products. This approach, which involves using pre-built tools and components to develop software without writing extensive amounts of code, is particularly well-suited for creating Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) and advanced software solutions. The speed and cost-effectiveness of no-code development make it a cost-effective solution for rapid product development.
8base is a low-code, cloud-based platform that enables developers to quickly build and deploy web and mobile applications. It provides a set of tools, including a visual development environment, a built-in database, and a number of pre-built features and modules, which can be used to create and manage the back-end of an application without having to write extensive amounts of code. This can allow developers to focus on creating the user interface and the unique functionality of their application, rather than spending a lot of time on back-end development tasks.
The purpose of this guide is to give you a comprehensive understanding of the steps involved in hiring a skilled 8base developer. We will cover the qualifications to search for, the onboarding process, the capabilities and limitations of 8base, the types of projects that can be built using 8base, as well as potential challenges you may face during the development process.
We hope that this article will equip you with the knowledge you need to successfully find and hire a proficient 8base developer who can bring your unique ideas to life. When you're ready to start your search, WeLoveNoCode can promptly connect you with a developer that matches your specific requirements. Let's begin!
Things to Consider When Choosing 8base
With a long-standing history, 8Base is a powerful no-code solution that offers many benefits. However, it is important to understand the limitations of the product before deciding to hire 8Base developers and selecting it as your no-code platform.
- Limited customization options: 8base is a low-code platform, which means that while it provides a lot of pre-built features and modules, it also limits the amount of customization you can do. This can be an issue if you need your application to have very specific or unique functionality that isn't covered by the platform's pre-built features.
- Complexity: 8base can be complex to use, especially for those who are not familiar with the platform. It can take some time to learn how to use the platform's tools and features effectively, which can be a barrier for some developers.
- Scalability: 8base is a cloud-based platform, which means that it can be difficult to scale applications to handle large amounts of data or a high volume of traffic.
- Integration: Some issues with integration can arise if you need to connect 8base to other tools or services outside the platform.
- Pricing: 8base pricing may be too high for small projects.
What you can build with 8Base?
Don't be intimidated by these limitations! 8Base is great for tons of use-cases and can help you quickly and easily build apps and websites without writing any code.
- Business applications: 8base can be used to build custom business applications such as CRM systems, ERP systems, and other similar applications.
- Database-driven applications: 8base provides a built-in database, which makes it easy to create database-driven applications.
- E-commerce applications: 8base can be used to create e-commerce applications, with features like payment integration, inventory management, and order tracking.
- Mobile apps: 8base also provides tools to develop mobile apps, so you can build native mobile apps for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Data visualization: 8base has capabilities for data visualization and reporting, which can be useful for creating applications for data analysis or business intelligence.
- Progressive web apps: With 8base you can create Progressive web apps that are accessible via the web, which means it can be accessed from any device, without the need of installing an app from an app store.
Hiring 8Base Developer Skills Checklist
Hiring a 8Base developer requires careful consideration and preparation. Before beginning the recruitment process, you should create a checklist of both soft and hard skills that you require in the ideal candidate. This will help you evaluate each applicant and make an informed decision. Doing your due diligence and creating a checklist of essential skills for the role will help you find the best candidate for the job.
Previous 8Base projects & experience with 8Base templates
When searching for a developer to work with 8Base, it is crucial to prioritize candidates who have prior experience working with the platform. The 8Base platform has a learning curve, and it is essential to avoid wasting time on training a new developer on the platform.At WeLoveNoCode, we have a thorough process for vetting no-code developers, including internal matching and quality systems, to connect clients with the most skilled 8Base developers who have experience working on similar projects.To ensure the developer's capability, it is important to request and review examples of their previous work, which should demonstrate experience in front-end and back-end development, integration of various services using 8Base API, and complex back-end solutions and creative front-end applications.
Passion for no-code and 8Base
When seeking to hire a developer for your Bubble project, it is essential to find someone who is passionate about no-code development and is willing to make the most of all the available options. A motivated developer will be more likely to go above and beyond to find intelligent solutions to complex problems, and explore various technical hacks. A lack of passion for the technology can impede progress on your project.In addition, no-code technology is rapidly evolving, and a developer who is genuinely curious about the technology will be a valuable asset for your business. If you have questions about how no-code can benefit your business, the linked guide may provide some answers to your queries.
It's common for developers to have experience with agile working methodologies, but it's important to confirm that this is part of your candidate's skillset. Without this experience, the developer may struggle with planning and potentially delay the delivery of your 8Base project. For example, if a developer has never worked in sprints, never used JIRA, or never estimated a product roadmap, it can cause issues. While it's not necessary to find a Scrum Master, it's important to ask about the developer's previous workflows to ensure they have experience with agile methodologies.
Developing a product goes beyond just building the software's functionalities, you want a 8Base developer who has an analytical mindset and approaches challenges with a problem-solving attitude. A developer who can identify and proactively solve issues that arise during the development process, will be less likely to come back to you after weeks of work and inform that an issue has been blocking progress and delaying project delivery.
As stated earlier, you want a developer who not only excels in coding but also brings imagination and innovative ideas to the table, both in the coding and their vision for how the website or application should work. A developer should not only be an executor but also a person who can provide valuable insights and advice on better technical solutions for your task. As a startup or innovative business, you need developers who can contribute more than just following instructions.Keep in mind that finding the right candidate is crucial, and hiring the wrong one could end up costing more in the long run. Finding a developer who has the skills, creativity and attitude to become a valuable member of your team may seem like looking for a "magic unicorn" but investing the time to find the right fit will pay off in the long run.
This advice builds on the previous points made, it is crucial for the developer to have good communication skills. As a business or startup, time is a valuable resource and you don't want to spend it repeatedly explaining the needs and requirements of the project. Developers who are able to understand the project's requirements and objectives the first time, and able to clearly ask questions and raise problems, will allow for an efficient and collaborative working relationship. When hiring 8Base developers, it's important not to overlook the importance of soft skills such as good communication.
This is especially significant when hiring remote developers, where the ability to work well with others is crucial. Teamwork skills are often developed from previous experience working in diverse environments and with cross-functional teams. If the 8Base developer or freelancer you are considering has only worked independently in the past, it's important to pay extra attention to their ability to collaborate with others. This is particularly important for remote teams where the lack of face-to-face communication can make it harder to build and maintain a productive team dynamic.
What Type of 8Base Developers Do You Need?
Determining the necessary skillset for an 8Base developer is just the first step in the hiring process. After that, it's important to consider which employment type is best suited for your project. The options include hiring an in-house 8Base developer, working with an 8Base freelancer, or engaging with an 8Base agency.
- In-house 8Base Developer: Hiring an in-house 8Base developer means that you will have a dedicated resource working on your project full-time. This can be a good option if you have a long-term project that requires consistent and dedicated attention.
- 8Base Freelancer: Engaging with an 8Base freelancer can be a cost-effective option for shorter-term projects or specific tasks. Freelancers typically have a specific set of skills and work on a project-by-project basis.
- 8Base Agency: An 8Base agency is a company that specializes in 8Base development and can provide a team of developers with different skill sets to work on your project. This can be a good option if you need a team with a variety of skill sets and experience.
For short-term, small projects, consider hiring freelancers or project-based teams as 8Base developers. For established businesses looking to expand their product, hiring an in-house team of permanent developers or a development partner is a good option. Startups looking to rapidly build and scale their product may benefit from working with a company like WeLoveNoCode that provides pre-vetted 8Base developers and management support.
How can you identify the right candidate?
As a startup, it's important to make strategic hiring decisions to avoid wasting time on bad hires or uncertain agencies. Keep in mind that the ideal 8Base developer for your business may not necessarily be the most skilled, but rather the person who aligns best with your company's culture, needs, and budget constraints. Furthermore the phase of the business also important factor to consider while hiring.
Step 1: Assess them before the first call
To begin the filtering process, clearly define the necessary qualifications for the 8Base role and use this as a benchmark when reviewing resumes. Candidates who do not meet these requirements should be eliminated from the list. Once you have a list of suitable candidates, further assess their technical aptitude and compatibility with company culture through interviews.
Check their portfolio
To evaluate a candidate's technical skills in 8Base, reviewing their portfolio website and looking at examples of previous projects they have worked on would be a great way to assess their abilities.
Ask for a cover letter
Asking candidates to submit a cover letter along with their application can be beneficial for evaluating their interest and effort in the role. It also indicates that they have read the job posting carefully, rather than submitting a generic CV. However, this approach may deter some qualified 8Base candidates from applying and it requires additional time and effort to review the cover letters.
When hiring a freelancer through platforms like Upwork or Fiverr, reviews can be a valuable tool for evaluating and narrowing down potential candidates. These reviews can provide insight into the freelancer's work quality, communication, and reliability.
Step 2: Set up an interview process.
When conducting interviews for 8Base developer candidates, whether in-person or via video conference, preparation and consistency are key. Prepare a set of consistent questions to ask all candidates and ensure that the interview panel includes at least one person who understands the technical aspects of the role, as they will be able to relate to the candidate on a technical level. Consider having a panel of 2-5 people to provide a balanced perspective, and devise a plan for assessing and scoring candidates. One potential approach is to use a combination of intuition, opinions of the interviewers, and a simple scoring system that is based on a set of agreed upon criteria and weights for the role. Keep in mind that when you have a large number of candidates, it's hard to compare them over time and remember their unique characteristics, so the scoring system can be helpful to keep track.
Here are few examples:
- Proficiency in using the 8Base platform
- Knowledge of development principles
- Knowledge of design principles
- Compatibility with company culture
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Problem-solving abilities
- Experience with specific programming languages
- Teamwork skills
Examples of Good 8Base Interview Questions
- Can they effectively work in a team? "Describe a situation where you had to work on a feature that the client ultimately did not want. How did you handle the situation, what did you learn, and how did you work with the team to resolve the issue?"
- How do they handle pressure and unexpected problems? "How would you approach troubleshooting and resolving an issue with a web application that arose outside of regular business hours?"
- Are they collaborative and supportive of their team members? "Can you give an example of a time when you went above and beyond to assist a team member?"
- Do they have a passion for continuous learning and development? "Have you ever contributed to any open-source projects or pursued any personal projects related to development?"
- Are they effective problem solvers? "Describe your process for identifying and resolving a critical bug in the code."
It's also important to give the candidate ample opportunity to ask questions to gain insight into their interests and also to help them understand more about the company and the role they are interviewing for.
Step 3: Technical assessment
When recruiting 8Base developers, many organizations now implement a technical assessment as part of their hiring process. This can also be referred to as a "test task" or "home assignment," where candidates are asked to complete tasks relevant to the job. Here are some ways to conduct a technical 8Base assessment:
- Provide a realistic task that simulates a project the candidate would work on in the role.
- Clearly define the scope and objectives of the task, as well as the time frame for completion.
- Provide necessary tools, resources, and access to the 8Base platform for the candidate to complete the task.
- Evaluate the candidate's solution based on criteria such as functionality, code quality, and design principles.
- Use the assessment as a supplement to other recruitment methods, such as interviews and portfolio reviews, to gain a comprehensive understanding of the candidate's skills and qualifications.
Step 4: References
After completing initial screening steps, and narrowing down your top 8Base candidate(s), obtaining references from previous employers or clients is crucial. This step will provide you with valuable insights for a couple of reasons:
- It gives you an idea of the candidate's work ethics, reliability, and performance in previous roles.
- It helps to verify the information provided by the candidate during the interview process.
- Allows you to ask specific questions about the candidate's skills, experience, and overall performance in the previous role.
- This step can help to make a final decision on the candidate's suitability for the role.
How to Onboard Your New 8Base Developer
Now that you've successfully hired a skilled 8Base developer, it's important to properly onboard them to ensure they can quickly integrate and add value to your team. Here are some steps to consider when onboarding a new team member:
- Clearly communicate expectations and goals for the role.
- Provide necessary resources, tools and training for the new developer to be able to perform their duties effectively.
- Introduce the new team member to the rest of the team and make sure they have the necessary contact information to reach out to their colleagues.
- Assign a mentor or buddy who can help the new developer navigate the company and its processes.
- Have regular check-ins and feedback sessions to ensure the new developer is settling in well and to address any issues or concerns.
- Create a plan that outlines the progress and milestones for the new developer to achieve in their first few weeks and months on the job.
By taking these steps, you can help ensure that your new 8Base developer is set up for success and can start making valuable contributions to your team as soon as possible.
What should be a budget for a 8Base Developer?
The average monthly salary for a 8Base developer can vary, but typically falls around $6,000/month. However, the cost of 8Base development can depend on several factors such as the complexity of the project, specific requirements, the scale, need for custom code and the location of the 8Base agencies or developers. It's worth noting that working with a freelancer may result in a lower cost, while a company like WeLoveNoCode could offer a monthly subscription package around $1999 per month.
You can hire in a better way by using WeLoveNoCode
At WeLoveNoCode, we connect you with pre-vetted, experienced 8Base developers. With our platform, you can easily find the right developer for your project, and get started building your application today.
Hire a Top 8base Developer now
At WeLoveNoCode, you can hire the best 8base developers, designers, and software engineers for your next project. We work with the top companies and start-ups to bring you the best talent to build Automations and Apps fast and affordably.See their profiles